Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday, August 11th

I would like to take this opportunity to give an update on our “Reaching New Heights” project. I am excited on behalf of Fr. Peter and the committee to report that we will be having the inspection of the elevator this Thursday. Upon passing the inspection we will be able to use the elevator this weekend. So, as Fr. Peter asked this past weekend, please pray for a good inspection. It would be very fitting to have the elevator operational this weekend as it is the Feast of the Assumption. We will be planning the dedication of the elevator for November 1st which is All Saint’s Day. Construction continues in the church hall with the remodeling of the kitchen and the updating of the restrooms. I will soon have pictures of these projects to share.

I have even more exciting news to share with everyone and that is that we have met one of our goals. As of the weekend of 8/1/09 we have reached $365,000 in pledges and donations and we have received an actual cash amount of $175,000. There is approximately $200,000 to be collected of the next 2 ½ years. As we have mentioned throughout our campaign, we need to factor in a shortfall. What I mean by that is that we need to anticipate that some pledges will not be fulfilled due to parishioners passing away, parishioners moving and unexpected changes in parishioner’s financial situation. To help make up the difference we will be planning special events to help raise money. Please stay tuned for some very exciting events!!

Thank you to all who have contributed to this great project!! It is a very exciting time to be a parishioner at St. Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment